This effort is a total rewrite of the original build pack with the following goals.
The result is a huge improvement, with all the functionality of the old CF PHP & Apache Build Pack and lots of new features including...
- Executes quickly. Run detect, compile and release scripts with minimal effort, downloading as little as possible.
- Support for the latest versions of Apache HTTPD 2.4 and Nginx 1.5
- Support for the latest versions of PHP 5.4 and 5.5
- Support for a large set of PHP extensions, including amqp, apc, bz2, curl, dba, gd, gettext, gmp, imap, ldap, mcrypt, mongo, openssl, pdo_pgsql, pgsql, pspell, redis, xdebug and zlib
- Versions of HTTPD, Nginx and PHP are automatically upgraded to the latest release just by re-staging an application
- Allows for application developers to control which PHP extensions are installed
- Allows for application developers to custom configure HTTPD, Nginx and / or PHP
- Download location is configurable, allowing users to host binaries on the same network (i.e. run without an Internet connection)
- Support for an extension mechanism that allows the build pack to provided additional functionality
- Allows for application developers to provide custom extensions
- Support for NewRelic with both bound services and when manually specifying a license key
- Easy troubleshooting with the BP_DEBUG environment variable
- All logging output is routed through stderr & stdout which is sent to loggregator
If you’re interested in developing PHP applications or running a packaged PHP application on CloudFoundry, please take a look at our “30 Second Tutorial” or one of the build pack samples like PHPMyAdmin, Wordpress or the CodeIgniter Tutorial.
Enjoy, and as always, feed back and PR’s are welcome!